Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Vision for Factpad - A Consumer Tool for Storing Facts for the Semantic Web

I have just posted a description on one of my web sites for what I call Vision for Factpad - A Consumer Tool for Storing Facts for the Semantic Web, which is a summary of the kind of tool I think is needed to enable average consumers to actively participate in creating a truly consumer-centric Semantic Web. Put simply, there needs to be an easy way for even average consumers to create, manage, maintain, publish, and share relatively simple facts in the context of the global Semantic Web in a form that is independent of and not under the control of any vendor. No more walled-garden web sites.

The current description for Factpad is still quite rough around the edges, but I will be incrementally evolving it over time.

I currently have no intentions of turning the Factpad concept into a commercial product or service by myself, but I am hoping that others will read about my vision/concept and develop products and services along those same lines.

Please let me know if you run across similar efforts so that I can keep track of them.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home