Monday, July 13, 2009

First draft of my Semantic Web definition

I am still working on it, but here is my initial draft of my own definition for Semantic Web:

The Semantic Web is the architecture, technologies, and implementation of the vision of the Web of data which enables data to be shared and reused across application, enterprise, and community boundaries as a hyperlinked collection of data and metadata represented as Web resources combined with RDF triple statements that describe the details, meaning, and relationships among resources in a form that can be readily processed by computer software such as Web applications and software agents in a manner meaningful to applications rather than the presentation form of the traditional Web.

It is not my intention to reinvent or re-envision the Semantic Web, but simply to come up with a reasonably concise and accurate definition since there is none available today.

I am not completely satisfied with this draft, but I think it does say everything that is needed, even if it is a bit verbose.

-- Jack Krupansky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home